Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Three more branches down


The weather has not been too great the last couple of days, also have been busy with some other committments.

Yesterday when clearing around some plants that were finished flowering I came across these little cyclamen, aren't they lovely, and developing into a nice little clump. I do love them and wish I knew where to get some of the different types. I have C. coum and used to have C. cicilium but seem to have lost it. That happens a lot in a garden like ours where we have a lot of different plants quite intensively planted.


Yesterday I emptied some pots of tulips....I grow them in pots as I seem to lose them, also I can place them to their best advantage. Was amazed at how they had multiplied in just 2 years. Both originally had 5 bulbs, and one now had 12 and the other one 21. Will put them in paper bags and keep in the refridgerator until planting time, and repot them into fresh mix. Did not get them all done, so must do that tomorrow.


Last year I repotted some rhodohypoxsis that had been in the same pot for about 5 years, and could not believe it when I counted over 80 bulbs!


Great for little gifts for people who have been very generous sharing their plants, and for the sales table at the Garden Clubs I belong to.

No comments: