Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Autumn Musings




The days will be getting shorter soon, and daylight saving ends the first weekend of the next month. The mornings are very dewey so have to wait until after morning coffee to do anything in the garden.
I have at last found a source of pea straw to mulch the garden for the winter, not easy to find this year, as the farmers have realised people in the cities will pay bigger money for it, so naturally they sell it there. However by keeping on enquiring around we are having 10 bales delivered next week. In the meantime spreading the chippings from the tree we took down around.
The photo of the little boy is my grandson from Thailand who comes over for his school holidays, busy helping us in the garden, in this case preparing to plant sweet pea seeds,

2 comments:

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Your days are getting shorter while mine are getting longer (at last!).`But we have something in common too, I've recently sown my sweet peas too.

cheerio from the Netherlands!

Jean said...

I plant my sweet peas in autumn and then again in spring, in between the autumn ones, so I finish up with a long flowering period, just love them, although they need picked every day to keep them flowering.
Many thanks for your comments.