Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hot weather continues


Today it is 30 degrees again, I don't think the weather is ever going to cool down.
We are desperate for rain, but we are lucky in that we have a good water supply here in Waimate and do not have water restrictions, so can have our sprinkler system going all the time.
Have not been doing much in the garden as it is too hot in the afternoon, just get a little bit done in the mornings, usually cutting back at this time of the year.
Had our pea straw delivered on Tuesday so that is waiting for me, although I want to put it through the chipper before I spread it on the garden as it breaks down quicker. That is a dirty, dusty job too, and will have to buy myself some masks before I start.
One of the advantages of living in a small town is that neighbours who have excess fruit and vegies hand it on, and in the last week, have had apples, plums and pears given to us, and we are still picking our own beans and tomatoes.
Have started making our own bread in the last few months, by breadmaker, and finally settled on a reliable recipe that we both like. Good not to have to go to the bread section at the supermarket, and have not been to the vegetable and fruit section for months either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jean
Lovely for you to pop into my Blog,are you also a patchworker I would love to see some of your work on your Blog,Your Garden looks Gorgeous & can imagine the time & effort it takes to keep it in shape.
Pop in again from time to time.
cheers for now
Maree in Qld.