Friday, March 28, 2008

My garden quilt


I did all the preparation for this quilt prior to having major surgery on my back, and completed it during my recuperation. The applique is all done by hand but I did get a professional to stipple quilt it by machine, as I have never mastered that. I do enjoy hand quilting though, but after doing all the hand work on this one, I wanted it finished quickly.
I am very fond of it, as it always reminds me of my love of the garden.
Do any of you find that people who are fond of gardening, also like doing handcrafts?

4 comments:

Rachel Wase said...

I love this so much. My grandmother was a quilter and I have tremendous repsect for the art. You garden is beautiful as well. I really enjoyed your images.

Jean said...

I am so glad you like my quilt, am going to post some more images as well.

Lucky-1 said...

I do love your quilt and yes I find gardeners are also lovely craft people.

I have just finished an Aran cardigan for a lady interstate. I get to meet her in May when she comes over.

http://myknittingbox.blogspot.com/2008/03/sheep-called-polly.html

Katarina said...

I just found your nice blog through Blotanical - and I must say your quilt is absolutely gorgeous!
I teach handicraft (and English) to secondary school students, and I'm really keen on gardening. So, for me, gardening and handicrafts is a great combination!
/Katarina (Sweden)